About CAF Funds
Per the Computer Access Fee (CAF) guidelines:
The funds allocated under this program are to be expended in support of these 2 purposes:
- “to support data centers, equipment, and services for student access to computing, networking, and student administrative computing”
- “to support classroom instructional technology and to support the faculty’s use of instructional technology in teaching”
In general, hardware or software purchased from CAF funds must be used 100% of the time to support access to:
- student instructional computing
- student administrative computing
- classroom instructional technology
or to support the faculty’s use of instructional technology in teaching.
Use the form below to submit requests for CAF Funds for your project.
Your request will be presented to the COALS Enterprise Technology Committee via the IT Manager of Classrooms & Teaching Labs. The committee members will then discuss the proposal to ensure it meets all Texas A&M University requirements. A committee vote will be placed on whether to approve or deny the requested use of CAF funds for the desired project.
Once approved, the project will be created in the AgriLife AgiLoft ticketing system to track the progress of the project, as well as provide updates to the requester as to the status of the project.