New Year, New Resolutions! This is the perfect opportunity to take some time to review AgriLife IT’s Best Practices when it comes to IT Services. Click the links below to go to a specific section, or scroll through them all!
AgriLife AgNet Account
Our password policy and reset process changed in 2021, so review the new rules and process using the links below:
You are still able to reset your password 24/7, from any device that has a web browser, and even if you have forgotten your password, or it has already expired!
- Your computer should remain on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays and weekends
- This will allow operating system patches to be installed and ensure your system is fully secured
- Computers should be rebooted once a week to ensure patches are fully installed
- Incomplete installations can leave a computer vulnerable, and a security risk to the entire network
- Campus or Center computers that are not on site must connect to the AGNET network at least once every 30 days, either using a VPN connection or by connecting directly to an Ethernet cable on site
- When leaving a computer unattended, lock the computer and close the office door
- Lock Windows systems: Windows + L
- Lock Mac systems: Ctrl+ Shift+ Power
is the approved anti-virus and data leakage software installed on all AgriLife computers.
You can verify a computer is protected by Sophos by locating the icon below on your screen:
Sophos for Windows 10
Sophos for macOS
Computers utilizing an unsupported operating system, or OS, must complete the following to remain in operation at AgriLife:
- Be upgraded to a supported OS OR
- Have an exception request approved by the Information Security Officer (ISO)
Supported Operating Systems
The only version currently supported by AgriLife IT is Windows 10
Supported versions of macOS are 10.15 and 11.4 (Big Sur)
All software installed on AgriLife workstations should:
- have an AgriLife business purpose
- be properly licensed and approved by AIT (AgriLife Information Technology) for compatibility with system security and management programs
Cloud & Remote Storage
provides AgriLife personnel with 5 terabytes of storage that can be accessed securely on your computer, tablet, and smartphone.
Confidential Information Awareness
Storage/transfer of confidential information can only be facilitated through approved systems and methods to limit the likelihood of unauthorized disclosure or public release.
Handling confidential information, outside of these designated systems, requires a method compliant with AgriLife Rules & Procedures.
If a business need exists, please contact the AgriLife Information Security Officer to discuss.
Security Incident Notification
Security incidents shall be promptly reported to:
- your immediate supervisor
- local IT personnel
- AgriLife ISO
As warranted, the AgriLife ISO will report the condition to the TAMUS Chief ISO.
Wireless Network Services
Wireless access is available at most remote locations, via AGNET and AGNET Guest networks.
- Designated wireless network for AgriLife personnel
- Protected through encryption
- Requires AGNET credentials to access
AgNet GUEST Network
- For use only by non-AgriLife personnel
- Not encrypted
- Requires temporary login credentials, via cell phone registration, to access
Remember, AgriLife IT is open Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
The FirstCall Service Desk can be reached using the following methods: