4 steps to complete before you get your new computer:
1. Back up your files
- Move all of your files to OneDrive, Teams, or an external hard drive.
- This includes any files saved to your Desktop, Documents folder, or any other location on your hard drive. Move all of your files to OneDrive, Teams, or an external hard drive.
2. Export all browser bookmarks
- Save your browser favorites/bookmarks as an .html file to the same place you saved your files.
- Click the browser icon below for specific directions on how to save your bookmarks/favorites as an html file. These links also include directions on how to import your favorites/bookmarks into your new computer.
3. Gather items needed for third-party software
- Make a list of any third-party software you will need installed on the new computer.
- Make sure you have all installation tools (discs, download links, logins, etc) and licenses/keys needed to install your software.
4. Have a plan for your old computer
- Coordinate with your supervisor or property office to have it surplussed or repurposed
Steps to complete after you get your new computer
Install software through Ivanti:
|Will already be installed on your computer||Can be installed through Ivanti||Requires a license purchased through TechBuy|
•Wondershare PDF Element (Reader)
•Adobe Acrobat Reader
•AMD Display Driver
•Google Earth Pro
•HP Driver, Firmware, and •BIOS Upgrades
•QZ Tray- 2.2.1
•Yealink USB Connect
|•Adobe Creative Cloud|
Click on the Windows Icon (in the lower-left corner of your screen)
Click on All Apps
Click on the Ivanti Management folder
Click on Portal Manager
Click Install for any software you need
- Review our Windows 11 Guide here
Need help with the prep work or getting set up?
Use the form below to send a request to FirstCall for help!