4 steps to complete before you get your new computer:
1. Back up your files
- Move all of your files to OneDrive, Teams, or an external hard drive.
- This includes any files saved to your Desktop, Documents folder, or any other location on your hard drive. Move all of your files to OneDrive, Teams, or an external hard drive.
2. Export all browser bookmarks
- Save your browser favorites/bookmarks as an .html file to the same place you saved your files.
- Click the browser icon below for specific directions on how to save your bookmarks/favorites as an html file. These links also include directions on how to import your favorites/bookmarks into your new computer.
3. Gather items needed for third-party software
- Make a list of any third-party software you will need installed on the new computer.
- Make sure you have all installation tools (discs, download links, logins, etc) and licenses/keys needed to install your software.
4. Have a plan for your old computer
- Coordinate with your supervisor or property office to have it surplussed or repurposed
|Will already be installed on your computer||Can be installed through Ivanti Portal Manager|
|Google Chrome||Adobe Acrobat Reader|
|Microsoft Edge||AgriLife Branded TeamViewer|
|TeamViewer||Camtasia (requires a license purchased through TechBuy)|
|Excel||Google Earth Pro|
|Word||HP drivers, firmware, and BIOS upgrades (requires an admin account to run)|
|OneNote||Microsoft Teams Custom Wallpapers|
|Wondershare PDFelement (requires a license purchased through TechBuy)|
|Photoshop Elements (requires a license purchased through TechBuy)|
|TAMU FAMIS Accounting|
|TAMU VPN (Cisco AnyConnect)|
Steps to complete after you get your new computer
Install software through Ivanti:
Click on the Windows Icon (in the lower-left corner of your screen)
Click on the Ivanti Management folder
Click on Portal Manager
Click Install for any software you need
- Schedule a date and time for delivery and setup of your new computer when contacted by a member of TechBuy
- Shut down your old computer
- Remove all personal items on/around your computer, outlet/surge protector and cords, so the AIT rep can quickly and efficiently switch out your computer
Need help with the prep work or getting set up?
Use the form below to send a request to FirstCall for help!