Why should you check your recycle bin and set an alert?
- The Recycle Bin allows Team Members to see when data was deleted and who deleted that data.
- The Recycle Bin allows Team Members to recover deleted items.
- Setting an Alert on important Teams folders serves as an early notification that allows Members sufficient time to recover deleted data if need be.
From Microsoft Teams
- Click on the Teams Channel
- Click on Files in the top menu
- Click on Open in SharePoint
- Log in with your AgriLife credentials
- click here for more info on Microsoft Apps Online
- Click on Recycle bin in the left menu to see a list of the Channel’s deleted files and folders
- You can see:
- when the item was deleted
- who deleted it
- the original file path (location)
- Click on any files/folders, then click on Restore to return them to their original location
Configure an Alert
Complete Steps 1-4 above
Click on the … option in the menu
Click on Alert me
Set the Alert Configuration
You can alert on any file changes or deletions.
The email alert will look similar to the email on the right:
The weekly summary will have a list of deleted items in a single email